MJ

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Will

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

FIRST TRIP TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM
Last night I had my first trip to the ER. I had had a rough week to begin with, Tuesday I went to my Ear, nose and throat doctor and my tubes were clogged so I had to be tied down for the doctor to open them. Then while I was at Children's Hospital, my regular doctor had asked me to get blood taken to see how my immune system was since I had had so many ear infections..which it all came back good accept my respiratory systems immunity was slightly lower then normal so I need to be careful when I get a cold. Anyways back to my Emergency room visit, Wednesday I got sent home from school with a temp of 102, then yesterday I had a fever for most of the day. Last night about 7:30 pm mom and dad took my temp and it as 104.5 so we called the doctor's office and got ready to head to the ER, but they called back and said no that we were still safe in the 104s it as only if it got over 105 that we needed to go. So I fell asleep in moms arms downstairs and at about 11:00 she started to take me to my bed and noticed I was really hot. She took my temp and hen it hit 105.3 she took it out even though it was not done and we headed to the emergency room. Once we got there they took me right back, ordered blood work and a chest xray and then started and IV. It seemed like they were running every test possible and I had already had a strep test earlier in the day at my doctors office. And everything came back negative. So finally around 4 am the doctor came and said there might be a little bronchial pnuemonia, but he didn't sound all that sure. So we still don't really know what I have had, it may have been just some kind of nasty virus.. we just don't know. Our doctor is suppose to be reviewing all the test and letting us know if she finds anything.

1 comment:

The Benders said...

Allison,

How scary! Jackson had his first ER visit back in November for the same thing - high fever. I did the same thing you did - once it hit 105 I took it out b/c i didn't want to see it go any higher! I hope that MJ has recovered 100%...it is so pitiful to see them so sick!

My mom talked to your mom today and she said you had some snow! How fun!

Talk to you soon,
Leanne